Go home early and give some time to your family

Go home early and give some time to your family

One of my teachers always loved to share one real incidence with every one when someone complains about problems in family or if kids are not happy at home or something like that.

Here is the incidence that he shared with me.

“He met with his one old friend after 2-3 years (who lived in Mumbai) my teacher asked about his friend and about his son. My teacher said to his friend now your son must have grown very much since I saw him last time.

His friend replied yes now he is grown earlier when you saw him he was of this size (he tried to demonstrate the height of his son in horizontal direction using his hands) and now he is of this size ( he expanded his both hand in horizontal direction only to demonstrate his sons height).

My teacher surprisingly asked him “what are you talking about kids growth should be explained in vertical direction not in horizontal direction like you are doing”.

Then his friend replied “I wake up early in morning and leave for office at that time my son doesn’t wake up and when I return home he goes asleep and I see my son growing in horizontal direction only”.

I know this doesn’t happen with everyone but then also I have question for you and ask yourself if you really have a positive answer of this question.

How many times you reached your home 30 minute earlier than your regular time on any weekdays and said to your family let’s get out to nearest ice-cream parlor for ice cream and enjoy some good time with your family.

Or how many time you visited your home early with some pastry and chocolates with a new game that everyone in your family can play and enjoy good family time together.

I know and I do understand it’s very hard to get some extra time from our busy work schedule but by being a network admin I know it’s not always when you have that much work load. In my logs I find that the last one hour is not always productive. I find browsing of songs, videos and Social networking sites is maximum in last one hour of work.

I am not denying one should not visit social networking site but if you don’t do it once in a blue moon you won’t get sick and neither your boss will fire you if you leave 1 hour early some time as long as you are done with assigned work.

I would suggest you to spend some quality time with your family and enjoy most precious moment of your life by stealing some time for your family from your tight work schedule. Everyone can do it only thing is that you desire it or not.

0 comments: